~ ~ ~ ~
|Senibina macam ini ke yang Tun maksudkan???....|
5. Of course this is only my opinion. Others will think otherwise.
6. I was in London recently. There you may do anything you like inside the house but the facade must remain as it was when it was built. You immediately know you are in London when you are in London.
7. It is the same with Paris. The roofs of the buildings in Paris are unique to Paris. And you immediately feel you are in Paris and nowhere else when you are in Paris.
8. I would like to think that a century from now people would know they are in Putrajaya because of the uniqueness of the city architecturally.
9. Every country has its own architectural feature. Spires and steeply sloping roofs are common in East Asia but each country has its own particular shape. Thailand, China, Korea and Japan all have the gracefully steep sloping roofs which terminate with upturned corners and edges. But still they manage to be unique for their countries through the variations in details.
10. For that matter every state in Malaysia has its own unique architecture. We never had high rise buildings. For a time we did not know what to do to make these skyscrapers look Malaysian. But now we have brought back the Malaysian roofs to top our high rise buildings.
11. They are actually utilitarian. We had flat roofs before. But somehow rain water manage not only to form puddles which refuse to evaporate, but often they find some cracks in the cemented roof to leak into the room below.
12. But with the roofs there are no more puddles and the water does not leak into the room below anymore. I am sure somebody will tell me that the leaks are still there.
13. The high rise flats in Putrajaya also have roofs. But the buildings are not enclosed entirely in glass like in America. They are different from the main boulevard with its ministerial building but they do not stick out like a sore thumb like that pile of glass boxes sticks out.
14. Please Putrajaya Holdings, please keep the uniqueness of Putrajaya’s archictecture.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Inilah yang aku patut tahu dari awal kenapa Putrajaya menjadi sebegitu rupa..... Apa yang sebenarnya cuba diusahakan oleh Master Planner Putrajaya yang sebenar..... Tun mahukan Putrajaya punya identiti yang tersendiri... Bukan menjadi tempat lambakan bentuk-bentuk senibina yang tak punya arah tuju.....